The F-Diaries:
Food, Film & Fotography.
Friday, January 06, 2006
 
Concise Chinatown Visit

Was in Chinatown lately with my family doing some pre-CNY shopping and for a breather we stopped at this famous chinese dessert shop along Temple St. Wah apparently the shop has expanded to the shophouse beside it as well. We ordered the yam cake, $2 I believe, which tasted really nice with the belachan chilli which wasn't too hot. Just nice for me. The yam cake is really ingredient-ful, unlike the ones u get commercially.



Yam Cake



Of course, we had the desserts as well. For $3.50, the mango sago with pomelo is kinda ex. It also came with small ice chunks inside which makes eating it not a pleasant task. Marks off for that.


Mango sago with pomelo



Then we moved on to the Smith St area and ah-hah! I found this stall which I wanted to try a long time ago liao. Guess what is this ang-moh selling in chinatown?


Chef at work



Ok actually not so surprising since I think he quite famous liao. Anyway he sells wieners lah. I ordered the mini one which comes in two, with some mustard (optional). I used to dislike mustard but hey I am ok with it now. Anyway I like the spicy one. Very tasty. Costs $3.50 I believe. Well worth it for the novelty since I don't come to chinatown that often.


Sausages
 

.....

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Important: All photos posted in this site belongs solely to the owner of this blog unless otherwise specified. No content on this website including, but not limited to, text and photography may be reproduced without prior explicit written consent (use the comments function). If any photos are deemed offensive or objectionable, please inform me about it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore
ARCHIVES
April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / November 2006 / February 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 /


Visit my Flickr

Powered by Blogger