The F-Diaries:
Food, Film & Fotography.
Thursday, April 21, 2005
 
A Leap of Faith

The most interesting piece of news for me today is how a jaguar escaped from its enclosure in the Singapore Zoo a few days back. The ingenious (or cunning depending on whose side you are on) animal leapt 3 meters through a hole of A4 size towards freedom! *gasps* But of coz it was captured/sedated without any harm to the public after a short while. Anti-climax!
 
This reminded me of another similar case in the JB Zoo a coupla years back. It was a jet black panther which escaped, oso leaping dunno how many meters high to freedom. Tat one was luckier. It managed to escape capture for days and if I am not wrong, even weeks! Tat was pretty cool. Well, its not cool if u are staying around there but I don't.
 
On a related note, the zoo is one of my favourite places to go. I can go there everyday if only I had lotsa money (and lotsa time). There's just so much to see there. I want to see all the animal feedings, all the different behaviour of the animals at different times of the day. Early morning is good becoz they are active then. Its simply mesmerizing. I was there last Dec, and I managed to see a pack of african wild dogs running around in their large enclosure. They were like splashing in the shallow waters, running up the small hill chasing each other. Simply amazing. I could stay there the whole day just watching them run about. Oh I oso saw the feeding of the komodo lizards. Wah! They hang a huge leg of some animal for them to devour on. Impressive! XQ was very amused when I told her how much I liked the zoo. Seems like oni kids should get so enthused over it. And yes I did enjoy the many times I went to the zoo when I was smaller. There's always something new in the Singapore Zoo, whether its an exotic animal borrowed from another zoo (read Grizzly bears, big nose monkeys, etc.) or new attractions like the Elephants of Asia section. But I've never been to zoos in other countries though. Would be nice if I can visit the Ueno Zoo in Tokyo in the future if I have the chance.

 

.....

Comments:
Actually someone was hurt by the escaped cat. She bit a tourist from China on the leg I think, and refused to let go for a while. The person was hospitalised with slight injuries only.
 
Actually, that wasn't the jaguar. If the jaguar bit the leg wah... no leg liao lor. Haha... The cat which bit the china tourist was from the Night Safari. The African wild cat or rather the serval, was part of the animal show but somehow it decided to taste some chinese meat instead.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Important: All photos posted in this site belongs solely to the owner of this blog unless otherwise specified. No content on this website including, but not limited to, text and photography may be reproduced without prior explicit written consent (use the comments function). If any photos are deemed offensive or objectionable, please inform me about it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore
ARCHIVES
April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / November 2006 / February 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 /


Visit my Flickr

Powered by Blogger